Choosing a qualified service provider for your Biomedical equipment needs directly impacts your patient’s safety and care environment. Pacific Biomedical has provided biomedical solutions to customers for over 20 years. Our manufacturer-certified biomedical technicians provide full-service, cost- effective in-house and on-site preventative maintenance, staffing, and repair services, in most makes and models of biomedical equipment.
About Our Services
Your Patients Matter
Choosing a qualified service provider for your Biomedical needs directly impacts your patient’s safety and care environment. Pacific Biomedical has provided biomedical solutions to customers for over 20 years. Our manufacturer-certified biomedical technicians provide full-service, cost-effective in-house and on-site preventative maintenance, staffing, and repair services. We specialize in most makes and models of pre- hospital, acute care, and home care equipment.
- Preventive Maintenance
- Electrical Safety Tests
- Operational tests
- Repair Service
- Full Overhaul
- On-Site or Bench Service
Our technicians are fully qualified to work on a variety of equipment:
- Manufacturer Trained
- Factory Certified
Preventive maintenance encompasses regular, systematic inspections, cleaning, and replacement of wearable parts to maintain peak equipment performance. Ensuring your equipment remains in optimal condition helps avoid the likelihood of sudden and unexpected failures that could disrupt your medical operations.
Benefits of preventive maintenance include:
1. Enhanced Equipment Lifespan: Regular and thorough maintenance can considerably extend the lifespan of your equipment, promising a better return on investment.
2. Improved Performance: Efficiently maintained equipment operates at its best, ensuring accurate results and dependable performance.
3. Cost Efficiency: By catching minor issues before they escalate into major ones, preventive maintenance reduces the risk of costly repairs or the need for replacement.
4. Patient Safety: Well-maintained equipment is less likely to malfunction, reducing risks associated with patient care.
5. Peace of Mind: With regular preventive maintenance, you can have the confidence that your equipment will perform as expected when needed.
Electrical Safety Tests involve a series of stringent inspections and assessments designed to ensure that your medical equipment is safely grounded and does not pose any electrical risk to users or patients.
These tests typically include:
1. Earth Ground Resistance Measurements: This checks that the device is optimally grounded, reducing the risk of electrical shock.
2. Leakage Current Tests: These determine if electrical leakage is within acceptable levels, ensuring that devices are safe to handle.
3. Function Tests: They ensure that the device operates as intended even under maximum electrical load.
The benefits of Electrical Safety Tests include:
1. Ensuring Patient Safety: These tests can detect potential electrical hazards that could harm patients, helping to ensure their safety.
2. Compliance with Regulations: Regular testing helps maintain compliance with local and international safety standards and regulatory requirements.
3. Prolonged Equipment Life: By identifying issues early, these tests can extend equipment life, yielding better return on investment.
4. Reduced Liability: With less possibility of injuries due to equipment malfunction, your liability risks also decrease.
5. Promotes a Safe Environment: Regular Electrical Safety Tests contribute to a safer workplace for healthcare providers.
Electrical Safety Test
Operational tests consist of a series of checks performed to verify that a device or system functions correctly and consistently. These tests help to assess the overall performance and reliability of the equipment under realistic, day-to-day operating conditions.
Generally, operational tests may include:
1. Functionality Checks: These ensure that every feature of the equipment works as intended.
2. Performance Testing: This measures the response times and effectiveness of the system under various conditions.
3. Reliability Testing: This helps evaluate the equipment’s ability to function without failure over a specified period of time.
Benefits of Operational Tests include:
1. Improved Performance: Regular operational tests help maintain optimal functionality and performance of the machine, ensuring accurate results for patient care.
2. Early Detection of Problems: Identifying and addressing any issues early can prevent more significant and costly repairs later, adding to the overall longevity and efficiency of the machine.
3. Reduced Risks: By periodically ensuring that all equipment is functioning correctly, you can reduce the risk of medical errors due to faulty machinery.
4. Confidence in Equipment: Operational tests boost confidence in equipment, as healthcare providers can rely on their tools to perform accurately when needed, enhancing both patient care and provider satisfaction.
5. Complying with Standards: Such tests also ensure the equipment continues to meet all relevant health and safety standards.
Repair Service encompasses a range of services designed to diagnose, fix, and restore faulty or damaged medical equipment to optimal operational condition. This could include parts replacement, electronic modifications, mechanical adjustments, and software calibration, among other procedures.
Key elements of Repair Service often include:
1. Fault Diagnosis: This involves identifying the reason behind the malfunction or breakdown of the equipment.
2. Provision of Parts: Sourcing and supplying the necessary components for the repair of the equipment.
3. Full Restoration: This ensures the equipment is up and running again, performing to the best of its ability.
Benefits of a Repair Service include:
1. Cost-Effective: Repairs can often save a significant amount of money as compared to buying new equipment, making it a budget-friendly solution.
2. Reduced Downtime: With quick and efficient repairs, healthcare facilities can minimize disruptions to services, ensuring minimal impact on patient care.
3. Equipment Longevity: Regular repair services enhance the lifespan of equipment, improving the return on investment.
4. Quality Assurance: A professional repair service ensures the maintenance of quality and service standards, keeping the equipment safe and reliable for future use.
5. Environmental Responsibility: Choosing to repair rather than replace can reduce waste and is a more sustainable option, contributing to environmental preservation.
A Full Overhaul is a comprehensive service that involves disassembling, inspecting, cleaning, repairing or replacing parts, and reassembling your medical equipment. In essence, it brings your device back as close to its original operating condition as possible.
Integral steps of a Full Overhaul often involve:
1. Complete Disassembly: The equipment is broken down to its smallest elements for thorough inspection and cleaning.
2. Detailed Inspection: Each component is scrutinized for wear and tear or damage.
3. Restoration or Replacement: Worn or damaged parts are either refurbished or replaced, depending on their condition.
4. Thorough Cleaning: All parts and components are cleaned thoroughly to remove any sort of dirt or residue.
5. Careful Reassembly: The equipment is reassembled to the manufacturer’s original specifications.
The key benefits of a Full Overhaul include:
1. Restored Performance: Overhauls can significantly improve the performance of your medical equipment, ensuring that it operates efficiently and effectively.
2. Increased Equipment Life: By addressing and correcting multiple issues at once, a Full Overhaul can significantly extend the equipment’s longevity.
3. Cost Efficiency: A Full Overhaul can often be more cost-effective in the long run than regular repairs, as it reduces the likelihood of recurring problems.
4. Enhanced Reliability: Overhauled equipment is more reliable, helping to ensure smooth operations and accurate, trustworthy results.
5. Safety: A thorough review and renovation of all components also ensures that your equipment remains secure and safe for patient use.
On-Site or Bench Service
On-Site or Bench Service refers to a flexible service delivery approach wherein the maintenance, repair, or overhaul of your medical equipment is performed either at your location (on-site) or at a specialized workshop (bench) depending on the nature and scope of the service required.
This service generally includes:
1. On-Site Service: Prompt and efficient troubleshooting, repair, preventive maintenance and overhaul tasks conducted at your premises, causing minimal disruption to your routine operations.
2. Bench Service: For more complex issues or specialized services, the equipment is transported to a workshop. Here, professionals can access a wider range of tools and equipment to ensure a more thorough job.
Benefits of On-Site or Bench Service include:
1. Convenience: On-Site Service eliminates the need to transport equipment, saving you time and effort, and cutting down on service time.
2. Comprehensive Service: Bench Service allows for more in-depth maintenance and repairs, taking advantage of a controlled environment and specialized tools available in a workshop.
3. Minimizing Disruptions: On-site services help minimize downtime by fixing issues quickly and efficiently right at your location.
4. Versatility: With the option of both on-site and off-site service, you get the most appropriate care for each specific issue.
5. Quality Assurance: Regardless of the location, the service is performed by skilled professionals, ensuring top-notch workmanship and service quality.